Visiting a veterinarian can be challenging at times but studies indicate that those pets that get the most health checks live longest. When you are looking for a veterinary care you should be able to count on superior care and excellent service. At Southern California Veterinary Hospital we have assembled an expert team of veterinary professionals to bring you the best possible healthcare for your pet. We have a state of the art veterinary facility that is clean, comfortable, and efficient. Call (818) 999-1290 to schedule an appointment and we will find a time that is convenient for you. We also take email appointments
Check ups and health visits should happen once a year for younger pets and every 6 months for older pets. This will include a physical exam. This is a head to toe visual inspection with oral examination, eye/ear examination, limb palpation, abdominal palpation, and chest auscultation. We will share the results with you and make any recommendations based on our findings.
In order to get the best experience please consider the following:
- Note any lumps or bumps that are concerning. Use a little dab of lipstick to mark the area if they are hard to find.
- Write down questions or concerns from family members so that they can be addressed.
- Bring in any medications that are currently being used including over the counter supplements and vitamins
- Write down the current diet being fed including treats
- For cats note the “flavors” of canned food
We will share our insights and knowledge with you after the examination. We will develop a treatment plan and discuss all the costs of care before anything is done. As a general and urgent care practice we treat almost all of the problems presented to us. However, if specialists are needed we will help guide and smooth the referral process so that the best outcome can be achieved. We work as a team to get all pet’s healthy and make them “Stay Well”